Support Live Chat
How to Write a Good Book Report
Studying at a college or university, students are overburdened with various tasks and book report writing is one of them. Such academic task is crucially important for your academic career, since it allows you to demonstrate perfect writing skills as well as the ability to organize your thoughts into one logical unit. If you think that book reports writing is a simple task – you are not right. You cannot write it without deep understanding of a book you are making a report on. Indeed, it is a critical analysis, and you should possess many critical skills to succeed in it. Teachers do not want to see a simple review of the book downloaded from the web - they need you to analyze the particularly crucial book`s aspects. They want to see that you understand the ideas of the book. Creating Book Reports requires both writing and time management skills. If you do not know how to write a book report, the following article will be particularly interesting for you!
Indeed, such an assignment may be very interesting. The more books you read, the better language communication and writing skills you possess. If you want to get the highest grade on your book report submission, you need to learn how to summarize, review and analyze the required book.
Basic Guidelines for the Successful Book Report Writing
After careful learning of all the key details and peculiarities, you will see that the process of academic writing is quite easy, and you can succeed in it by applying minimum efforts. You will be impressed when we tell you that writing a book report is not the most important point. First and foremost, you should think about the topic and target audience. You have to pick up the book that will be truly interesting for you. However, if a professor assigned the book manually, try to think how you can make your report remarkable.
Here are a few basic steps:
- Begin your book report with the author`s name and the book`s title. In your introductory paragraph, feel free to explain why you picked this particular book and what makes it so special. Do not be afraid to be original because your professor expects the authentic approach with fresh thoughts.
- Create a good thesis statement. It should not be some general information – it is boring to read that William Shakespeare was a great dramatist and playwright. Try to concentrate on your topic and spend some time thinking about the book report ideas and answering the following questions – what are the strength and weaknesses of the book? Why is it topical nowadays? What themes of the book are the most touching or motivating? What lessons can people learn reading it? How can it influence the audience?
- Discussing the book, do not hesitate to insert citations that support your statements. All quotations should be properly cited according to the required writing style.
- Divide your report into distinct paragraphs where each paragraph expresses one single idea. Also, you should not forget about transitions. Using them, you will make your idea easy to follow and your report interesting to read. Each paragraph should have a topic sentence that will correspond with a thesis statement.
- Do not hesitate to be creative. You may find a lot of materials about your book available online. You may use them as a source of inspiration learning about all possible book report forms, but try to avoid direct plagiarism. Being caught on plagiarism, you will have serious problems.
- Use the detailed and descriptive language.
- Your conclusion should not contain any new information, but it should be catching and remarkable. A good report makes the audience read and like the book.
To get academic success, you should meet the teacher`s requirements as well as the existing academic standards. If you have some doubts or questions, do not hesitate to ask your instructor for assistance. Their feedback will help you understand if you are on the right track. Do not neglect your grades! Follow our effective tips and write creative book reports!